AGEP National Conference I
March 19-21, 2009
Hyatt Regency, Chicago, IL
AGEP National Conference II
December 10-11, 2009
Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel, Washington, DC
AGEP Fourth Evaluation Capacity Building Meeting
September 18-20, 2008
- Identifying methods and questions for evaluation studies related to STEM graduate student progression to the PhD and professoriate, including admissions/selections, retention/attrition, PhD completion, and post-doctoral experience
- Identifying methods and questions for Alliance evaluations, in terms of progression to PhD and the professoriate. What can AGEPs learn from cross-institution studies, like IGERT?
- Developing and writing statements (including nuggets or highlights) that include measurable data for use in AGEP NSF Annual Reports Findings section and the AGEP Supplemental Report Questions, as well as general dissemination.
Selected presenters briefly described their studies, including:
- What research informed the design of the study?
- What type of data was collected? What was the rationale for deciding to collect this data?
- What methods were used? What was the rationale for selecting methods used?
- How were comparisons groups constructed? What are the reporting limitations in regards to the construction of the comparison groups?
- Small group leaders assisted with writing if highlights, critiqued posters, and responded to evaluation concerns.
Small group leaders assisted with writing highlights, critiqued posters, and responded to evaluation concerns.
Preparing Future Faculty Summer Institute
June 11 – 14, 2008
Institute sessions and workshops focus on providing doctoral students with intensive training and experiences to enhance their preparation for the professoriate.
Visit the Howard University Graduate School’s Preparing Future Faculty Summer Institute website.
Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
Session on Research that Encourages Minorities to Pursue Science Research Careers
- Lessons from the Leadership Alliance: Research on Interventions that Encourage Minorities to Pursue Science Research Careers, by Valerie Petit Wilson [PPT FILE, 2.82 MB]
- Lessons Learned from Programs for URM Scientists, by Anthony L. DePass [PPT FILE, 460KB]
- Research on Interventions that Encourage Minorities to Pursue Science Careers, by Yolanda S. George [PPT FILE, 2.08 MB]
The Compact for Faculty Diversity Institute on Teaching and Mentoring
October 25-28, 2007
Visit The Compact for Faculty Diversity website.
AAAS Annual Meeting
Graduate School Alliances to Diversify the Science and Engineering Work Force Symposium
February 15 -19, 2007
San Francisco, California
View Abstract and presentations.
AGEP Third Evaluation Capacity Building Meeting
Designing an Evaluation Framework for Retaining Students in STEM PhD Programs
February 1-3, 2007
San Juan, Puerto Rico
View the agenda and presentations
AGEP Second Evaluation Capacity Building Meeting
Assessing Progress towards Infrastructure Building & STEM Department Involvement
January 26-28, 2006
San Juan, Puerto Rico